Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010 Photo of the Day


It's been crazy cold for so long now that I feel like I'll never thaw out. There's not much I like about that, but I do like the way the ponds have frozen over. That doesn't happen often in our neck of the woods. This morning the sun was shining brilliantly, so I decided to find some ice for my photo of the day and capture the sun glinting off it's surface.


I keep seeing what I already know....I'm a lover of texture and details. I didn't like the overall view of the pond, but found this beautiful leaf trapped near the bank. While I was developing the photo, I saw the intricate detailing of the air bubbles, one set reminds me of a galaxy, and the ones on the leaf remind me of the bottom of a seacreature. It's not exactly "stopping to smell the roses" but I certainly had a wonderful moment today to slow down and enjoy a little nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment