Sunday, January 17, 2010

Company's Coming

Couple of months ago the Central Guild Chairman for the Professional Photographers of North Carolina called and asked if I would be one of 3 studios in the area to participate in a special event for the Central Guild Seminar. He wanted me to host a tour of my studio, and be on a panel to speak at a round table discussion about "Being a Sucessful Studio" or something like that. First, I told him with the economy like it was last year I wasn't feeling particularly sucessful. But he wanted me anyhow.

The Central Seminar is in High Point this time (woo-hoo! I get to sleep in my own bed.) and we expected 10 or 15 people for the tour, 25 max. This was a pre-convention event for the folks who arrived a day early, and it hadn't been done before.

Boy were we wrong.

Can you imagine 64 photographers crammed into my studio? 64! You shoulda been there--oh wait, there wasn't room for you! It was unbelieveable! I was standing on furniture in the camera room to talk to the group, and it was standing room only. I wish I had been thinking clearly enough to take a picture.

The round table discussion at the restaurant was great, and we could have gone on for a lot longer had the restaurant not closed. There's one great side-effect of this, my office is now temporarily clean! Yea! Oh yes, and I get one step closer to having my Photographic Craftsman degree.

I'm off to classes today, and a Board Meeting this afternoon...I'm gonna be one tired puppy when this convention is over.

1 comment:

  1. PS: Yes, I took a "photo of the day" yesterday--but my camera is out in the car and it's raining, so you might have to wait for it. I've already scouted out a cool shot for today!

    ReplyDelete