Friday, June 5, 2009

They Grow Up So Fast

Well...it happens even if we don't like it. Babies grow so fast it just defys logic. My great-nephew Jacob came by to see me today, on his way home from his first ever trip to the beach. It's a long drive from Myrtle Beach to Virginia, expecially when you're only 8 months old, so Aunt Rhonda's is a good half-way point. It's a good pit stop, get a fresh diaper, fill up on milk, loads of hugs and kisses, take a few photos, more hugs and kisses, and off you go again.

It seems like just a few weeks ago we were at the hospital welcoming our little 4 pounder to the world. He was so tiny, it was scary. Full-term mind you, just TINY. Not an ounce of fat to spare. Not true now, he's got the cutest little rolls of pudge on his legs. Love it! Fat rolls are so adorable on babies, and it just makes me want to squeeze.

And would you believe that his first tooth is in already. Not that you can see it, mind you. There seems to be a string attached to his tongue so that when you get him to open his mouth his tongue comes out at the same time. It's pretty funny.

Jacob is the first baby in our family in a few years, the first of his generation. It really helps me appreciate what my Mommy clients are going through as they progress through our Baby Club program...they really do seem to change almost overnight. I know it's going to sound corny, but I'm so honored to be able to capture these beautiful stages of their lives so we can continue to enjoy them for many years to come.

I love my job, both as an Aunt and as a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment