Monday, June 22, 2009

Fun Day at the Library


It seems like this Summer I'm going to be teaching a lot. And that's OK, because I enjoy teaching. I had an amazing group of teens for a class at the Archdale Public Library last week. They were so quiet and respectful, it's as if they knew we were in a library...ha, ha.

In case you didn't know, I'm a real bookworm--I have 3 library cards and I always have a book that I'm in the middle of. Archdale is the newest library in my card collection, and I'm really excited about it. The staff there is WONDERFUL! Anyhow, their theme this summer is Get Creative, and I'm thrilled to be part of the activities they have planned for patrons.

Ok, enough rabbit chasing, I'll get back on track. There were 13 students in this group, and we spent some time talking about composition and perspective, and cropping. After the boring stuff, we had some pizza and went outside to Creekside Park to enjoy the day and take some nature photos.

One of my students shared some of her shots with me via email, and this is my favorite. I like the super-low perspecive she used, and the square crop. I hope you can see the little ducks waddling along in the center. Thanks Shay!

No comments:

Post a Comment