Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Northwestern Randolph County Arts Council Annual Art Gallery Exhibition

If you're looking for something fun to do this weekend, come explore the Annual Art Gallery Exhibition in Archdale! Randolph County Community College's Creekside Campus will play host as we proudly display beautiful and varied works of art. Creekside is a beautiful place for a picnic and a walk, and it's right on Hwy 311, just about 1/2 mile south of I-85.

Last year was my first time at the show, both showing and looking, and it was a blast! There were so many beautiful things to see, and this year promises even more variety with new categories. You can expect to find pottery, woodworking, textile arts, paintings, drawings, photographic art, (my fave) and even kids art. Some will be available for purchase, so if you need something special as a gift or to treat yourself--this is the place!

I'm going to display something new at this show--part of a series of fine art photographic prints I've been working on for over a year now. The originals will be available for sale, and if you're there when I am (and I'm on the committee in charge of the exhibit, so I'm going to try to be there most of the time.) there just might be some small reproductions available for purchase as well. Just maybe....

Open to the public on Friday, July 17 from Noon – 8 p.m. and Saturday, July 18 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment