Monday, July 27, 2009

Artist Reception-You're Invited!


I've been honored with an invitation from our local Arts Council for a private exhibit of my work at the Historic Regan House until August 14th. Of course, I accepted.

For one thing, the Regan House is BEAUTIFUL! It's on the National Register of Historic Places, and I've long admired it. It currently is home to Ed Price Realty, and they are the gracious hosts for the Arts Council's meeting and exhibit space. (That's my painted rendition of it in the photo above. The larger version is on display in the exhibit.)

In addition to that, I've been working on a line of Fine Art prints for a while, and finally have several of them completed. This is the perfect way to debut them, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they are well received. I have a number of other pieces in progress, plus more that are in my head just begging to get out and find their way to paper or canvas.

Besides all that, this is the first ever private exhibit the Northwestern Randolph County Arts Council has hosted. How cool is that!

You can stop by anytime M-F from 9:00 - 5:00 to enjoy the exhibit. Or....

This Sunday afternoon, (Aug. 2nd) 2:00 - 4:00, there will be a reception in my honor. Live music from Blood Kin Gospel, light refreshments, tours of the Regan House, the exhibit, prints available for purchase, and a chance to visit. Consider yourself invited, and bring a friend or two. Free admission.

See ya after church and lunch on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment