Thursday, July 23, 2009

Art Gallery Was a Success



It was great to see some of you last weekend at the NWRC-Arts Council Annual Art Exhibit. I'm sure you were blown away, just as I was, at the diversity and caliber of work being exhibited. I must have gone through that exhibit 10 times over three days, and each time I found new pieces to enjoy. Looks to me like this little corner of the world has some serious talent.

There was an amazing range of mediums: oil paintings, wood carvings, pottery, porcelin, acrylics, drawings, photography, mixed media, watercolors, hand-made dulcimers, even a beautiful sculptural piece made primarily from weeds. And the list goes on.

I had the opportunity to meet Mark Brown of Theatre Art Galleries, and to benefit from his critique of my first pieces of Fine Art Photography. He was gracious, and had actually selected one of my pieces as one of his favorites, and told me that a couple of my prints initally fooled him into thinking they were paintings. He also gave me great insights into the world of art shows. Thanks Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment