Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom! Wish you were here....

Today would have been my Mamma's birthday. She was an amazing woman, and I was blessed beyond measure to have her to nurture my life.

Yesterday, I was talking to someone about the importance of having portraits taken of each of your children with each parent separately, because of the lasting value it has. I speak from experience, I have four siblings, and I'm so grateful I have beautiful portraits of Mom and myself taken by my friend and mentor Karen Goforth several years ago.

I almost didn't have these portraits made. I felt heavy (I was a lot heavier than I am now, in fact) and we were on vacation so it seemed like a lot of trouble. Boy, am I ever glad we took this time. These prints, and the others in that session are truly a treasure of great value to me now. I can enjoy our moments together again as I see these photos on my desk every day.


If I can share a gift with you, dear reader, as a token birthday present for my mom, it is the encouragement to take time to have portraits made with the people you love. See yourself through their eyes, not your own. You're a beautiful part of their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment