Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Photo of the Day - July 26, 2010 - Magnolia Part 2

Here's the second photo in our 3 part series of close ups of a magnolia. This is the stamen (I think that's the right term, if you're a botanist or just someone who knows, feel free to correct me.) Anyhow, it's the doohickey in the center of the flower. And yes, I'm pretty sure that's how you spell doohickey because believe it or not it was in my spell check. And yes, I'm aware that starting my sentences with phrases like "anyhow" and "and yes" is driving you English majors nuts. But honestly, it's how I talk, and this aint an essay so I'm gonna have fun with it. Try to pretend I'm speaking with bad grammar instead of writing with it, maybe that will ease the pain. ;-)
Back to my flower photo. Sorry for the rabbit trail. The centerpiece doohickey reminds me of wild mushrooms we used to gather in the woods when I was a kid. I'm guessing you can't eat the magnolias, but they sure are pretty and full of textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment