Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Post: Welcome to the Family

Hello out there!!!

Wow, I can't believe it. After hearing about blogging for a long time, and deciding ages ago that I wanted to have one of my very own, I finally have found my long-lost "round tuit" and here it is.

Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of stuff will end up in here. I know there are things I want to share with you, and this will let me do that even in the wee hours (when I often find myself in front of a blinking screen). The content I expect to share most often are new ideas and inspirations, what's going on at the studio and in my life, and some cool shots I got that I just wanted to share with the world. Oh, and some funny stories along the way...you wouldn't believe some of the things I hear and see.

For this first post, I want to share the two happy new additions to my family.

First, I have a brand-spankin' new great-nephew, Jacob. Yes, that makes me a Great-Aunt--of course my nieces and nephews will all tell you that I was already a great aunt. ;-) Despite the fact that he is making me feel old, I think he's completely adorable. Born on Sept 18th, and weighing in at only 4lbs, 13.5 oz, he was a tiny little thing but full-term and healthy. He's packin' on the pounds already!


Jacob certainly wins a prize for being photographed before he even got home, these were taken at the hospital when he was only 2 days old. Like most of my family he lives in Virginia, so I wont get to see him nearly enough, but I'm anxious to get back "home" and capture new photos! After Thanksgiving you will probably see him here again.

Our second addition to the family is a new sister-in-law. My brother Randy, (not to be confused with my husband Randy) married a beautiful woman named Evelyn in a small outdoor ceremony at his vacation cabin. Both of them are nature lovers so having the wedding at the cabin surrounded by national forest and close friends and family was the perfect way to start their new life as a couple. I'm so happy for them!

I will say, it's not a typical day when I stop by the hospital to photograph a newborn on my way to shoot a wedding. Yep, big stuff happening around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment